A Look into Living in JFam
Johnson Family Hall consists of 4 floors and 6 sections, with an RA in each section. See our floor plans here (ND student login required).
Dorm amenities include:
- Air conditioning
- 2 elevators
- A gymnasium with a few cardio machines and weights
- St. Teresa of Calcutta Chapel
- A Reading Room and Study Rooms
- Laundry room with washers and dryers
- Mail room for both letters and packages
- Limited storage - space for a box or suitcase for each resident is provided in the basement.
Each floor has:
- Kitchen (with a stove, oven, microwave, pots, and pans)
- Trash room
Each section has:
As a freshman, you will most likely be sorted into a standard double. These rooms contain:
- Lofted* twin bed (x2)
- Desk (x2)
- Dresser (x2)
- Wardrobe (x2)
- Medicine cabinet
* You may opt to bunk beds or leave both on the floor, but you will have less floor space so most people keep the beds lofted. Please discuss this with your roommate.
All furniture in the room must remain in the room. We do not have enough storage space for furniture in the hall, so please plan accordingly.